Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

caller input to call handler problem

I have the opening greeting setup to press 1 to goto another call handler. When number 1 is pressed, I get a message saying sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call and it hangs up. My opening greeting caller input option 2 is transferring to a different call-handler with no problem. any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: caller input to call handler problem

It's probably an issue with the call handler you have 1 setup to go to, not your opening greeting configuration. I'll be the owner or the recipient of the target call handler is missing (i.e. you had it setup for a user or DL that's now no longer in the system). That's the most common problem I see here...

you can check the Application event log for errors when you get the failsafe conversation there - it will say why the conversation booted you out and confirm. You can also download the latest dbWalker version from www.CiscoUnityTools.com and run it - it'll fiind most handler configuration problems, although my money is on the administrator/recipient link being broken.

Re: caller input to call handler problem

It turns out that the callhandler I was trying to tranfer to had no message recepient assigned. I added a distribution list and everything is fine. Thanks for the help.

josh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content