cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.x<br>CCM 3.x<br>TSP 3.0.2<br><br>I am trying to set Zero out from a subscribers mailbox to call transfer via an operator call handler. This does not work. It goes into a state of dead air and will sit there forever. If I Zero out and attempt transfer to a subscribers mail box, I get the "Please Hold while I Transfer your call" and it does transfer to the extention destination. I know you should be able to transfer to an operator call handler. What am I missing with my config?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Please provide more clarification. Are you Zeroing out to an operator call-handler, or am I reading this wrong. (You have the 0 key locked to transfer you to an operator call handler)?
Also can you give more specifics on CCM version and Unity version. The TSP does not seem like the right version number.

Unity 3.0 Build 3.(1)0
CCM 3.1
TSP 3.0.2.0

When I say Zero out. I mean caller input within the subsribers greeting to an operator CallHander. Yes, the key is locked to this action.

presumably you get the same behavior if you hit 0 from the opening greeting as well, right? In other words it's not specific to transfering to the operator call handler from subscriber's greetings.

Is the operator setup for a release or a supervised transfer? If I were trying to narrow this down I'd do the following:

1. set the operator call handler up such that the alternate greeting and the alternate transfer rule are both active. This just simplifies the configuraiton and makes sure we know which rule we're working with.

2. Set a subscriber's 0 key to go to the greeting of the operator mailbox instead of attempting to transfer to it. If you get the alternate greeting you recorded above then we at least know the connection to the operator handler is working ok.

3. Kick it back to attempt to transfer again and fire up the StatusMonitor.EXE application and monitor all ports. Watch what happens when you hit 0 from the subscriber's greeting. Does it look like we're transfering the call and it's bouncing back on another port or something along those lines? Try switching between release and supervised transfer and seeing if the behavior changes.

This should give us some clues where to look next anyway...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Strange.... I dont' know if this was me. I took Jeff's advice and looked at the Transfer rule for this call handler. The Alternate Transfer rule for this call handler was enabled which was not allowing me to transfer (Sending it to greeting).

Once I disabled the alternate greeting it started to work.

Thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: