Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller is in call indicator

Hi,

If IP Phone A calls IP Phone B and IP Phone A is in call, then IP Phone B will not hear any indication and just hear a normal ringing tone assuming that IP Phone is simply not answering.

We have legacy Avaya PBX and it does indicates to a caller that called party is busy by sounding a slightly modified ringing rone.

Can it be done in Cisco IPT?

David

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Caller is in call indicator

you can set the call waiting tone/action in Call Manager as well.

Use the settings on the IP Phone configuration page for the LINE.

'Ring Setting (Phone Active)' can be set to "disable, flash, ringOnce, ring, beep" etc.

this can also be set as a system wide default under Service>ServiceParameters>clusterWideParameters (device - phone):

'ring setting of busy station' in conjunction with the 'ring setting of busy station policy' setting.

Hi,

Thanks, however this would manipulate the setting on the IP Phone that is in call and I am looking to manipulate the setting of IP Phone which dials.

For example, you are talking to someone (not me) and I call you. You will get an indication that you have another call (flash, beep, ring....), but I will hear a simple regular ringing. I will eventually assume that you're simply not in office.

What I am looking for is that while I dial you and you're in call, I will get a ringing tone, but a different one, so I will know that you're in office, but currently talking to someone.

Thanks,

David

hi

any update with this??

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content