Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller name display & directory question

Hi all,

One customer uses the PBX with DN 4XXX-5XXX at this moment. Bascially, the callers can use their existing digital phone to see the caller name ID and caller extension number. Now, they want to migrate to Cisco IPT solution with using the PRI T1 interface integrating with CCM in where the IP phone user has number 6XXX. In the PRI interface, the PBX will pass the digits 4XXX-5XXX (e.g: 4123) to the Cisco voice gateway.

Previously, I guess I can add the username and DN (e.g. John Chan with extenstion 4123) in the CCM's DC Directory so that when the PBX caller make call to "John Chan" who uses IP Phone, It can show the caller name and its extension on the IP Phone. However, the result tells me that my expectation is wrong and I only get the caller extension number, NOT the caller name.

Now, I am using H323 voice gateway. Is there any way to show caller name from the IP Phone if the other side only passing the DN to the CCM side through the PRI T1?

Also, one more question on the directory:

If one customer want to have one more external directory phone book for all IP Phone users. What is the best way to do it. At this moment, they have the default DC directory which store the internal staff directory contact. Actually, Cisco provide a personal directory for each user. But in my case, the directory is for all IP Phone users and every users share the same directory, slightly different from the personal directory.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Samuel

2 REPLIES

Re: Caller name display & directory question

Hi Samuel. You can pass line display across the PRI. There are different flavors of D-channel, 5-ESS, NI2, DMS100, etc. Good luck with the integration, ...is it a Nortel, Siemens, or what? Look on your GWY configuration page and click "Display IE Delivery" and "Display leading character" for H.323 gateways.

The IP Phone directory, ...what do you want a global speed dial list? If your customer is using Outlook, configure the Personal Address Book service and use BAT to subscribe your end-users, then have them run the IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer from the Applications tab on the CCM Admin window. This tool dumps their contacts into the IP Phone service. Does this help?

Re: Caller name display & directory question

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, this speed dial directory is for all IP Phone users and it cannot changed by the end users. Can personal directory do that? Basically, I create a virutal 7960 phone & user in CCM and then configure the speed dial for that phone. Next, assign the IP Phone service with "Customer Fast dial" in every IP phone. However, each IP Phone can change the directory and it is not supposed to do that. Any idea?

Also, for the ISDN problem, can the ISDN support caller name display. I have set up a lab by using T1 voice gateway with FXS port. In the FXS voice port, I configure caller station-id OUTSIDE-CALLER in the voice router. I support the voice gateway will pass this information to the remote T1 voice router. However, it doesn't and it only pass the DN only. Any idea??

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Samuel

Views
Helpful
Replies