cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Name doesn't appear when you call from a IP phone to an PSTN No.

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

We have implemented a VOIP/AVVID network, when a call is made from a IP phone via CCM to an outside no., caller no. is passed, but not the caller name. Cisco 3640 is used as Gateway with H323 configured between cisco 3640 and CCM. T1/PRI terminates on the Cisco 3640. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed.

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does any name at all get displayed on the PSTN Caller ID phone?

The reason I ask is that the carrier's ISDN switches will overwrite any Display IE you send with a name with whatever they have in their database.

The NETWORK side of an ISDN circuit is responsible for providing caller name information.

Thanks for the response, VOIP connectivity is between chicago and atlanta. Chicago is still in traditional PBX environment and atlanta moved to AVVID. Chicago is the network side and atlanta is the user side. Caller Name or Number doesn't get displayed when they call chicago office, but caller number gets displayed when u call any other PSTN number. Please let me know if this is the way it's supposed to work or i'm missing something.

Thanks

Abdul

Abdul,

When you call from Atlanta to Chicago, then you should see the Calling Number in Chicago. Check the debug isdn q931 on the 3640 in Chicago to make sure that the router is sending it to the PBX and go from there.

For caller name, make sure in the CallManager that on the H.323 gateway configuration for the 3640 that you have checked the box 'Display IE Delivery' and also look at the isdn debug above to see if the Display IE is sent to the PBX. If it is not, you may need to be running the 12.2T IOS code due to a bug where the display name coming in H.323 is not sent in outbound Q.931

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: