Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller name on MGCP PRI gateway (MRP300)

Is it safe to say that inbound caller name is not supported on CCM 3.2? I get the caller number but not the name. I understand that this is because the CCM looks for caller name on the wrong Q931 IE.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Caller name on MGCP PRI gateway (MRP300)

I have CCM connected to a Nortel SL-100 PBX and have Name Display working in both directions. I first had it working on a VG200 setup with MGCP with CCM on 3.2. We are now on CCM 3.3(2) and now I have the Name Display working on both the VG200 and on two ports of a 6608 blade installed in a Cat. 6509.

What type of gateway are you using and what type of equipment are the inbound calls coming into the CCM from?

My gateway is a MRP300 on an ICS7750. It's PRI coming in. I cannot get name ID from anything calling in from the PSTN. The number come in no problem.

Thanks,

Jason

Blue

CallManager 3.3(3) supports caller name for all switchtypes except for 4ess. I have this now working at a few sites.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a008018a050.html#1523407

Likewise - we had no success at all with name displays before 3.3(3) - but as of 3.3(3) we are golden - it was essentially automatic as caller number was already working. names just began appearing like magic :L-)

- Ken Johnson

Mgr Network Services

LeTourneau University

----------------------------

Join fellow IP Telephony users at the 2003 Cisco IP Telephony Users Group (CIPTUG) conference in Dallas, TX - Oct. 6-8.

Visit www.ciptug.org to register or for more information

Bronze

Jason

What type of switch are you connected to on your inbound PRI trunk?

My CCM is connected to a Nortel SL-100 which bascially the same software as a DMS-100. To get Name Display working I had change in Table TRKSGRP the field PARMNAME from DEFAULT to CLGNAME.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content