Replies

caller voice fades in/out during message

chrisb
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.4 / Win2K SP2 / OS updates 2000-1-3 spE / Exchange2000 SP2

MSDE2000 SP2 / Hotfix SP2 / Proliant 380G2 / Dual 1266 / 1280 RAM

CM 3.2.3c SPc / Win2K SP2 / OS updates 2000-1-3 spE

Customer reports that several employees have received messages from outside callers where the callers voice will fade in/out during the message. This issue has affected various employees and does not appear to be related to specific employees.

Customer receives many messages per day and this issue reflects but a fractional percentage of all calls.

5 Replies 5

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Take a crack at this with the SetVolume utility. It should be under /commserver/utilities. I've had customers with the same problem who tell me that utility cleared it up for them.

adam

Found it under 'Tools Depot'. This appears to only affect greetings and voice names for subscribers. My issue is similar to a new posting 'message getting chooped' concerning messages left by callers where a part of the message appears to fade out for a moment the fade back in.

The setvolume utility also helps you configure AGC which automatically normalizes RTP streams coming in and going out of Unity. Give it a whirl, and if it doesn't help, open a TAC case.

adam

Any suggestions to start off with? Also, I'm assuming that this is not something to run during production hours. True?

AGC actually only affect inbound recordings... it doesn't touch outbound. You can also use the Advanced Settings Tool to get at the AGC settings. You might want to check out the "audio quality" section in the troubleshooting guide for 3.1(4) which covers this process in some detail:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0450.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: