Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CallerID blocking

Hi! We have many 7960 phones and we would like to be able to use a CallerID Blocking function. We want the user to be able to activate and disactivate the blocking at his ease. I heard that this is done with a IP Phone Services??? Am I right?

Thanks in advance!

Michel Nantel

mnantel@gt.ca

2 REPLIES

Re: CallerID blocking

Michel,

There are a number of solutions to this problem ! Firstly if you do decide to go down the XML Phone services route, I suggest you speak to Berbee (www.berbee.com) who are one of the leading IP phone applications developers. However this is not the only way to achieve this. Here in the UK, we can withhold our CallerID by prefixing the digits 141 before the telephone number. Therefore you can create two access codes (route patterns), one that dials normally (e.g. 9 ) and one that inserts the 141 prefix (e.g. 8). This is done by create two different route patterns. If such an prefix code exists in the USA, then this is the simplest option.

>

Alternatively, you could create two different gateways, one that allows the CallerID, the other that withholds it, and again you would create two route patterns with different access codes to each of the gateways.

>

Is the any legislation regarding withholding callerID in USA ?

>

Anyway, hope this helps.

>

Spike

Re: CallerID blocking

In Australia users can dial 1831 before the number for blocking caller id .

This is a static solution .I dont think you need different access codes for the gateways whats impotant is that if want want to use the same gateway multiple times is that you create route groups and associate them with route lists then you associate your route patterns with these route lists you can end up with lots of route patterns but thats the way cisco designed it.You then have translation patterns on the route patterns for caller id 8930xxxx

This apparently can be done on a phone by phone basis though I havent seen it working.Either way it takes time depending on how complex ccs and other aspects of ip network are.

you should draw it up on paper and even contact the TAC if you need help.

Views
Helpful
Replies