Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallerID/Call Blocking

Hello Experts,

I need your help for the following tow issues:

1)How can I configure the CallManager(4.1) to hide CallerID when one doesn't want his/her phone number to be displayed on the called party phone? Like *67 in the traditional telephony system which displays Withheld in the Called party phone

2)Is there any why that we can block some numbers to be calling us?

Thanks,

Bahman

5 REPLIES

Re: CallerID/Call Blocking

Here are the anwers:

1) Caller ID works in the following order:

- "Directory Number Configuration" page.

- "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

- "Route List Detail Configuration" page.

- Gateway configuration

So you need to eliminate the caller ID in all the spots, GW overrides everything, Route List overrides RP and DN configuration, and so on.

2) CCM can NOT bloc numbers per calling party number it only can be done with H.323 GW's

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K15182736

Thanks,

I am kind of new in Dial Plan configuration. Would it be possible to send the detail configuration or send me a configurtion example for the first issue.

Thanks,

Bahman

This is a little document that I made a while ago to configure the caller ID, just do the opposite and delete the information from the steps, if that does not help you I recommend you to open a case with us so the engineer that is assigned to your case may guide you through a Meeting Place session.

"How do we configure call manager to send the DID phone number for

an extension? For a phone with a NON-DID number how do we pass our

published phone number?"

The first thing that we need to check is what kind of gateway you have

for outgoing calls: H.323 or MGCP.

Lets suppose you are using MGCP. If so, all caller id configuration is

made in the callmanager server.

In callmanager, caller ID for DID phone numbers and non-DID phone numbers

are configured in the same way.

Please see below the places in callmanager administration where you can

configure caller ID:

1) "Directory Number Configuration" page.

Scroll down to "External Phone Number Mask". Enter here the number that you want

to send to the PSTN. Then click on "update" at the top of the page. You have to

repeat this same procedure for the other extensions configured for this IP Phone

(if you want to send those numbers also to the PSTN).

2) "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

Locate the route pattern that you are using for doing calls to the PSTN.

Scroll down to the "Calling Party Transformations" section.

-If you check the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" checkbox,

you will use the number that you configured in the "Directory Number

Configuration" page as caller ID.

-If you uncheck that checkbox, then you can configure the "Calling Party Transform

Mask". Just enter here a number like, as an example, 978858xxxx (callmanager will

fill out the xxxx with phone´s 4-digit extension).

3) "Route List Detail Configuration" page.

Go to the "Calling Party Transformations" section.

"Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" > if you set it to "on", you

will use the number that you configured in the "Directory Number Configuration"

page as caller ID. If you set it to "off", then you need to configure the "Calling

Party Transform Mask" (next line on this same page). The setting that you use here

will override the settings that you configured in the "Route Pattern Configuration"

page.

You configure the "Calling Party Transform Mask" here in the same way as explained

for the "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

Thank you for this nice an helpful reply.

In some occasions, we don't want to expose our phone number to the other called party's phone. In the traditional phone system, we can dial *67 and then the 10 digits number. The *67 masks all digites and the called party will see "withheld" displayed on his/her phone. This is what I want to configure in callmanager. I want people to be able to dial *67 before the 10 digits number when they don't want their phone number to be displayed on the called party's phone. Please let me know if I am not clear enough.

Thanks,

BT

Silver

Try this

1. Create a route pattern *679.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXXX

2. In the Calling Party Transformation section, set the Calling Line ID/Name Presentation to "Restricted", either at the route pattern level or at the route list level depending on how your setup is.

3. In the Called Party Transformation section, set the Discard Digits to Predot. This will take out *679 and send only the 10 digits to the PSTN.

4. Make sure the Caller ID DN is not set at the gateway level, as it would override what ever is configured in step 2.

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content