cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerID problem with calls transferred from Unity

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have received reports from a receptionist at one of my customers that intermittently she will receive calls where the caller ID shows "<voice mail port DN> from Voicemail". So far, every time she picks up one of those calls, it is just dead air. I looked through the CM traces and it shows where the call is transferred to her extension with a CallerID of the voice mail port instead of the CallerID of the original caller. It had been quite some time since this had happened and then this morning it happen three times in about an hour from three different numbers.

I posted a similar message in the Unity forum and was told that Unity does not actually pass CallerID; it is up to the CallManager to handle that. I looked at the traces from each of the three calls that had the problem and was able to follow the call all the way through to disconnect. In each case, CallerID was received from the PSTN but CM just sends "callingPartyName='Voicemail'". Any ideas on why CM is not passing the original CallerID?

1 Reply 1

jpstott
Level 1
Level 1

I know that if you set up Unity to do non-supervised transfers, the CID info will be there. Supervised transfers always show up as though they are coming from voicemail ports - Unity has to hold on to the call and follow it to the final transfer point.

It seems like there should be a way to pass the original caller ID within the transfer, as CallManager does when a line is forwarded to another, or when a call is transfered. Something like "calling party=voicemail - (original caller ID)". It is useful sometimes to see that a call is being transfered from Unity as opposed to a direct dial-in. (Who calls my DID vs. who calls the main attendent number and enters my extension).

If you can work around the supervised transfers in Unity for a while it might help your troubleshooting efforts. Maybe this is a feature that can be added to future versions of Unity...