Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CallerInfo: Display caller info before picking up?

Hello there!

I'm able to run the Callerinfo Demo with the Cisco SDK but I found one thing very interesting:

When a inbound call comes, before I pick up the handset, the phone will only display a very simple directory info of the caller(name and extension), ONLY AFTER I've picked up and the call connected, will the CallerInfo demo info (pictures etc.) be displayed on the phone. Is there a way to launch the CallerInfo demo ASA the incoming call rings? Thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CallerInfo: Display caller info before picking up?

All those are CallControl events. Could it be that the class that gets your events does not extend CallControlCallObserver but rather just CallObserver? You only get the CallCtl.... if you extend the CallControlCallObserver.

7 REPLIES

Sure there is.. all the app does is listen for a very specific JTAPI event, specifically ConnConnectedEv.

To display something when the phone starts ringing, you have to start working when you get a CallCtlConnAlertingEv event.

Thanks a lot! will check that event!

Hello! I've tried CallCtlConnAlertingEv, CallCtlConnOfferedEv, CallCtlConnInitiatedEv, CallCtlConnDialingEv,

none of them work... Any idea???

Also noticed that in JTAPI 1.4, all those events have been replaced by a single CallControlConnectionEvent(tried that one but doesn't compile)?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

All those are CallControl events. Could it be that the class that gets your events does not extend CallControlCallObserver but rather just CallObserver? You only get the CallCtl.... if you extend the CallControlCallObserver.

Yes!!! CallControlCallObserver works!!! Thanks a lot Stephan!!!

How do you guys connect to the event?

Do you link asp page to an event? Do you use CCM to do that?

I am having hard time to figure it out :(

We're using JTAPI - I'm tempted to say ASP is kiddie stuff compared to it. This is a CTI app which means you need to use a CTI framework: TAPI or JTAPI.

Download the SDK, check out the CallerInfoServer. There's also a TAPI and JTAPI development guide here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

CTI basically means you have an application (not some webpage) that is connected directly to your call manager and monitors a bunch of phones, cti ports or routepoints, then does something when a call comes in or goes out (or you pick up the phone, press a digit, etc).

Views
Helpful
Replies