Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CallHandler Prompts 3.x

I am attempting to supress the Call Handler prompt that plays after a sub's vm greeting "You may record your message at the tone, when you are finished you may hang up or hold for further options" In general, has anyone found a way to record over the generis system prompts?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CallHandler Prompts 3.x

OK... if you promise to be extra careful, understand that this isn't a supported operation and that future upgrades will over write these changes and you'll have to do this again, here's the deal.

You need to replace the prompt in question with a silent prompt (basically blank but not quite empty) so that Unity's conversation code wont get cranky when it goes to look for a prompt it's expecting and it's not there.

So, step one is to find a blank prompt. There are several. I suggest using:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.WAV.

You want to copy this blank prompt over the prompt you don't want to hear. In your case there are actually two different prompts that say the same thing but get used in different places (i.e. if it’s a subscriber vs. an outside caller). The prompts are:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet016.WAV
\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet037.WAV

These both say "You may record your message at the tone… " thing... This should do what you want. No reboot or anything like that should be required. I'd make a backup of the original prompt just in case you want to go back or this isn't the guy you really wanted to remove. You can also pull it from the original install CD if you get in a jam.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies