Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallHandlers changing magically

We have call handlers setup to ring another persons phone before leaving a VM @ the original subscriber. I have seen the Call Transfer option of the CHs change from Alternate/Enabled -> Alternate/Disabled, Closed/Disabled-> Closed/Enabled, etc. over the past few weeks. My vendor says someone has to be changing it, but it's only me and him in there. He is certainly competent enough not to change these and I know I'm not doing it. Is this a known thing? We are ending up w/ major amounts of VM left in the Example Administrator box and people aren't too pleased.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CallHandlers changing magically

You could have "cross linked" handlers in there (i.e. where multiple primary call handlers are being shared across subscribers). There were also some bugs a while back (you didn't indicate which version you were at) where the standard transfer rule and standard greeting rules could sometimes become disabled when they should never be disabled... not quite what you're seeing though. I don't recall any issue where call handlers just randomly changed their transfer/greeting rules settings on their own.

You might try running the latest version of dbWalker off the AnswerMonkey.net site (or the CCO utilities page) and see if any cross links are noted or the like.

Re: CallHandlers changing magically

2.4.6.135. And thanks I'll try dbWalker

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content