cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling FXS Ports on a H.323 1751 Gateway

KEITH DATRIO
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 3.2 and am using a 2651 with a PRI Card in it as my main outgoing and incoming gateway. At al remote sites I am putting 1751 Routers with FXS and FXO Ports. The FXO are working as remote lines in failover mode. The issue is that I am trying to hook analog devices to the FXS ports. I have looked up in numerous places where to do this and have not been able to figure out all the steps. as of right now I can pick up the analog phone and dial anywhere on the system ( the analog phone being ext 4711) but when I try to dial to the analog phone by dialing extension 4711 I get a fast busy. I think my problem is up in callmanager because I don't know how to tell it where that phone is. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.......

5 Replies 5

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

Try setting it up like a VG248 (two digits added to MAC to signify port).

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_access/apg/vg248/v1_0/soft_con/vg248swp.htm

mjordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that you've set the 1751 as an H.323 gateway. Then configure a Route Pattern for 4711 and point it to the H.323 gateway (1751). Also, ensure that you can ping the 1751/H.323 gateway via the device name setup in CallManager. (The H.323 gateway will show up with Registration: Unknown on CallManager, but you should see the gateway's IP Address in the "IP Address:" field. If you don't, you might have a DNS problem).

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

Jordy,

I know exactly what you are speaking about here because I have done it in the past. I just wanted to see if you agree, it seems so clumsy to have a unique route pattern for each port/extension on an analog gateway like a 1761 or VG200 with FXS ports. Of course, if your analog ports are DNs like 8000-8007 you could have a CM Route Pattern like 800X point to the gateway. But what happens when the DNs have no pattern and you have 50 some FXS ports over many small gateways (not the best design but could happen), you CM Route Patterns would become a mess.

Mike Shintani

Cap Gemini Ernst & Young

Mike,

Yes, it is clumsy, but it's the only way to do it. This is why MGCP is the better choice in situations like this. With MGCP, the CallManager controls the dialplan and doesn't have to have route patterns for individual analog ports, because each port has a know MGCP endpoint identifier in CallManager with it's own DN.

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Make sure also that you configured the correct VoIP dial-peer in your voice gateways. This certainly can make a lot of trouble if you commit a mistake on this. You can't make a call from one site to the other if your VoIP dial-peer in each voice gateway is incorrect.

Regards,

Sherwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: