Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Calling ID to PSTN with CME vs Ericsson MD110 and E1

Hi all,

We are having problems with calling party identification in the following scenario: some IP phones managed by a 2800 CME router. This is connected to an Ericsson MD110 PBX through a E1 with QSIG signalling. There is absolutely no problem when identifying both called and calling parties in both directions ingoing and outgoing from the router to the PBX private extensions. It also works fine when calling from the PSTN to direct public numbers redirected from the PBX to the IP phones extensions. However, when calling from these particular extensions, we want the calling party to identify with its particular public number, but instead it shows at the PSTN end with the main number of the ISDN jump group.

Anyone has experienced the same?

Thanks and regards,

Jose Soriano

6 REPLIES

Re: Calling ID to PSTN with CME vs Ericsson MD110 and E1

Hi Jose,

I am not sure about the call flow as to when you have a problem with ANI. Can you please send me a ASCII diagram as to when the ANI works fine and when it fails. I guess that would simplify the issue.

Regards,

Subhrojyoti

Hi,

I'll try to be more clear. As I said, we have a CCME connected to an Ericsson MD100 via an E1 Qsig link. Then the MD110 goes to the PSTN also with an E1. The customer has several ISDN public numbers associated with that E1, one of them is the main ISDN group number, with which the originator of all the outgoig calls from the private numbers to the PSTN identify, except for some private extensions associated with one of the other direct public numbers: these can be reached directly through these numbers and also are identified with those numbers when calling to the PSTN.

Let's say we have 30 public numbers, from 555100 to 555129, beig 555100 the main number. Ext 101 is associated to public number 555101, and 102 with 555102. In the situation with no CCME, the call flow is as follows.

Private Ext. 101 (dials a public number) --> PBX EMD110 --> PSTN (displays 555101 as the caller ID)

PSTN dials 555101 --> PBX EMD100 --> Private Ext. 101

Now, let's include the CCME system. Let's say Ext. 102 is an IP Phone extension correctly routed between CCME and MD110. Also, ext. 102 should be identified to the PSTN as 555102.

Case A)

IP Phone 102 (dials a public number) --> CCME --> PBX EMD110 --> PSTN (displays 555100, and NOT 555102 as the caller ID)

Case B)

PSTN dials 555102 --> PBX EMD100 --> CCME --> IP Phone 102

The PRIVATE flow between CCME and MD110 is fine:

IP Phone 102 dials 101 --> CCME --> PBX EMD110 --> Private Ext 101 displays 102 as the CLID

Private Ext 101 dials 102--> PBX EMD100 --> CCME --> IP Phone 102, with 101 as the CLID

So, the problem is in what I called CASE A), calls do not idetify with the especific public number, but with the main group number when they are routed through the PSTN.

Regards,

Jose Soriano

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Cab you send me the following information-

1. sh run / sh ver of CCME

2. "deb isdn q931" when you make a call to the PSTN from IPT 102

Thanks,

Suhrojyoti

Hi,

I solved the problem by using translation profiles and applying them to the dial-peers, so that the caller ID is identified with its complete public PSTN number. And it seems it's working fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Is there any chance you could enlighten me as to your answer. I have a similar issue where I want to use a generic TP that will use the last digit from the line number as the last digit in a predefined CLID prefix, similar to how it works in a normal CallManager

Thanks

Tim

ok so im assuming that the pstn number is 2612201x and the predefined clid would be 3723301x.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(2612201\)\(.\)/ /3723301\2/

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Subhrojyoti

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content