cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Name on a 5ESS PRI

pwauthy
Level 1
Level 1

Our CallManager connect to PSTN trough a DT24+. The PRI comes from a 5ESS (release 13). The Calling Number pass fine but did anyone achieve to get the Calling Name in&out of a similar topology? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to standards, the Network-side of the ISDN trunk provides the Display IE. If the 5ESS is the Network-side, then you will need to configure display names for all the phone numbers assigned to IP phones that are across the PRI trunk, and to send the caller name to the IP phones, the delivery of the Display IE needs to be enabled. Also, I'm not positive this is required, but if you are using CallManager previous to version 3.0(5a) then you need to set the CallManager Service Parameter "DisplayIEDeliveryFlag" to T. If you are running 3.0(5a) or later, you need to check the box on the DT-24+ gateway configuration screen that says Display IE Delivery.

If all of this has been verified, then the best way to find out what's happening is to enable the correct level of CCM tracing on the CallManager -- check http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html for this info.

Then, once you have a trace file that includes a call where no name display occurred and you think it should have, use the Q931 Translator tool to open the file and look at the Q.931 messages to find out what is happening. The tool is located on your CallManager 3.0(x) server in the directory C:\Program Files\Cisco\bin

Thanks Dave,

We did set IE flags but still the trace shows and "Unexpected recognized Ie found in Isdn message". It seems there is a protocol mismatch with the 5ESS, but we tried all possible combinations. I was wondering if anyone in the forum experienced the same thing. I wonder about other CallManagers connected directly to PSTN/5E.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: