cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling numbering problem in CM4

glenn.newman
Level 1
Level 1

We implemented a DN called number "external transformation mask" of 4 digits and a route pattern "external transformation mask" of 206555XXXX. The Dialed Number Analyzer showed the called number was correctly merging the two, but the number gets overwritten with the main number just before going out. I have not been able to find where that main number is set on the gateway or route group properties. I found it strange that the route wizard asked for the main number, but I haven't seen it in the CM configuration.

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

The places you can influence the number, in order, are:

1) The phone's external number mask

2) Any sort of manipulation on the route pattern

3) Any sort of manipulation on the route group

4) The gateway

You said you checked the gateway, you might want to double-check, there is a field there where you can force the caller-ID for all outgoing calls.

As a general rule, you can't set caller-ID for your outgoing calls unless you have a BRI or PRI, and even then the telco can override.

Assuming you do have BRI or PRI, check out the q931 traces or debugs. If you have a MGCP gateway, use Q931 Translator in CCM Serviceability (ccmservice, Trace menu, Q931 Translator). Check the logs on whatever CallManager the gateway is registered to. Look at the SETUP message(s) for your test calls and they'll show you what caller-ID you're sending. If the SETUP message looks right, you need to talk to your carrier about having them allow you to send caller-ID of your choice. If the SETUP message is your main number, then you need to keep looking within CallManager (or your gateway) for the cause. If you're using an IOS gateway in H.323 mode, you are looking for the same info but you get it by using "debug isdn q931" and "term mon" on the gateway itself.

This is a PRI. I am seeing the main number on the MGCP gateway with "debug q931" as our main number. The Dialed Number Analyzer also showed the main number so I am pretty sure CM is setting it. I will be on-site tomorrow and will try to find where this main number is being set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: