Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling out from a MGCP gw generates a busy tonality

Hi everybody

I use CCM 3.3(2)

3620 MGCP gateway with IOS 12.2.15T2 and E1 with PSTN

I am able to receive a call from PSTN to IP network

But when I try to call from an IP phone to the PSTN I have a busy tone ( the routing plan in the CCM is however OK)

Notice : I found on the CCO a MGCP configuration example without ip domain name configured on the router and it's the configuration I use

Do you know if the "MGCP domain name" in the CCM is a fully qualified domain name ( FQDN) and therefore requires a DNS.

Thanks for your help

Irene

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Calling out from a MGCP gw generates a busy tonality

Hi Irene

On this URL you will find more info on the MGCP domain name field:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017825e.shtml#task1

"For the MGCP Domain Name, use the actual host name you have assigned to the VG200." This needs to be pingable.

Also if you can make inbound calls but not outbound calls the registration of the MGCP should be ok.

We should be checking the callmanager detailed traces to see why we are getting back a busy tone.

Ullie

Re: Calling out from a MGCP gw generates a busy tonality

Thanks for your help Ullie

My issue is now clear :

I used only 20 channels of and E1 and the CCM Started to the upper channel.

To solve this issue on the gw I configure only "20 pri-group-timeslot" but after each reload the CCM load to the MCGP gateway the timeslot 1-31 by default, then I am trying to solve this new issue .

See the question in the froum "How to configure 20 channels of an E1 mgcp gw on the CCM"

Best regards

Irene

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content