Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Extension Display

I have department phones with multiple extensions (e.g., 7720 (primary), 5800, 5801). They want the published number (7720) to be sent as the calling party regardless of which line is selected. External phone number mask works only for gateway-bound dialing. How can this be accomplished for all on-net calls as well?

1 Reply 1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

To my knowledge there is not really an easy way to accomplish this. You can accomplish some things through translation patterns, but I believe that once you connect the call the original called number will show through. If you just want it to see the (7720) number when you are calling and not when the call is connected you might want to try translation patterns. If you do want to do this let me know and I will try to explain it. Just keep in mind it will be an administrative nightmare of the worst kind. Each phone will have to have it's own partition and call search space.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: