Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Calling Party Transformations - Can't Dial Out from the missed calls area

Here's the scenario. I'm doing called party transformation on outbound calls, 9.XXXXXXXXXX, dropping pre-dot for outbound calls. Started to see a problem, when users try to dial back on a missed call, area code in AK is 907, so CallManager is dropping the 9, and trying to dial the rest. So I'm wondering, I can't control the format of CallerID info coming from the local exchange, whats the easiest way to make it so a missed/recieved from outside call, when dialled from a 79xx phone, will append a 9 if it's a local call, and a 19 if it's a long-distance? Any thoughts

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Calling Party Transformations - Can't Dial Out from the miss

The "easiest" way is for the end user to hit "edit" and insert the "9" or "91" or whatever is required. Apart from that, you get tranlation patterns to transform the *inbound* call to append the access code. Check out the conversation on this site updated 10/10/02 titled "Call Back"

Re: Calling Party Transformations - Can't Dial Out from the miss

Thanks for the reply. Our solution so far is to append the 91 to all inbound calls, then we have translations doing best match on all our local exchanges to strip the 1 + Area Code. This works well since there are only 7 or 8 local exchanges. We did try and prefix a # to all calls and then translate the # to the proper prefix, but # in the translation pattern field is a wildcard. Do you know of a way to have the # represent the actual character in a translation pattern?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content