Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Calling Party Transformations

Hello,

I have one branch offices with 30 ip phones and 30 DID numbers (from 914943800 to 914943829), each one mapped to one phone(extensions from 49800 to 49829).

I want that when each IP phone calls to the outside world (PRI E1 MGCP), the calling number is the DID number of the phone. By default, the number is always 914943800 and I want to override this...

I have tried to achieve this using the Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask option in the IP phone and the route pattern, but I don't like this solution because in the top of the IP phone screen it appears the 'long' number instead of the extension

(914943820 instead 43820 p.e.).

I have tried to use the option Calling Party Transform Mask in the route pattern but it doesn't work:

9149xxxxx

it always presents the same number to the outside:

The same happens with Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls), it always present the same number:

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

1 REPLY

Re: Calling Party Transformations

The Caller ID is set in the following order:

1.- Original calling device (when specified on a route pattern or translation pattern by

the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask checkbox).

2.- Translation Pattern.

3.- Route Pattern.

4.- Route List.

5.- Terminationg Device (Gateway).

The Gateway overrides all the others, Route List the first 3, and so on. The problem is that in the Route Pattern you have 9149XXXXX, this means that you are sending all the number, I recommend you to eliminate all the masks in the 2, 3, 4 and 5 steps and just leave the extensions (49800 to 49829) in the phone itself.

//Jorge

Views
Helpful
Replies