Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Calling restrictions on CM3.3

Does anyone know how to use codes for calling restrictions especially for trunk line access. I have used a route pattern but it can be seen from the " Placed calls" option on the IP Phone as well as if the someone presses "redial" soft key they code is desplayed. What I really want to do is to only allow persons with trunk access privilege to make long distance and cell calls from any IP Phone. Any help rendered will be greatly appreciated. God bless.

2 REPLIES

Re: Calling restrictions on CM3.3

I don't think the use of trunk-access codes is available in 3.3. Some people try to simulate this feature using translation patterns/route patterns. But, as you have noted, this workaround has some drawbacks. Mainly, it doesn't take long for users to circumvent.

I would recommend looking at extension mobility as a possible solution. Though implementing it on a system already in production will require serious planning and heavy use of BAT. It is manageable and does address trunk-access control.

Restricting long distance/international is relatively simple, but I am unclear on restricting 'cell calls', particularly when cell phone users will often have the same area code as your local calling area.

Regards,

Bill

Re: Calling restrictions on CM3.3

Thanks for your input Bill, I really do not like what I have read about extension mobility though, it seems to be bulky and take a while for profiles to load. Best regards....

dfarquharson

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content