Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callmanager 3.1 STI Backup Utility

Cisco IP Telephony Backup Application 3.2.21 - I do not see an option to use a cleaning tape? Does anyone have any documentation for this? The server is a MSC-7835-1266 with a DDS4 20/40 DAT.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Callmanager 3.1 STI Backup Utility

Hi Tracy,

You can use the HP DDS cleaning tape. It doesn't need any software option for that. The link provides with more information.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hpsurestor9641&LC=information_storage&Tfile=lpg51254#P66_7054

Muhilan

Ok - I must be missing something. The document only states to clean regurlary. I cant find where it tells me the steps to initiate the cleaning process?

Cisco Employee

If you insert the cleaning tape, the drive detects it automatically, cleans the drive and will eject the tape once it is done. Recommended to clean once in a week. If the drive is not cleaned for quite some time like few months, you may have to do cleaning 4-5 times the first time. Unfortunately the document doesn't tell you that; it just says clean by inserting the cleaning tape.

Muhilan

The tape ejects after only being in the drive for 10 seconds. I have tried 3 separate attempts and also 3 attemps with brand new cleaning tapes. I dont think it would clean that fast? Will it log something when/if the drive is cleaned? So far I have not received any messages in the log either way.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content