cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 3.3.2 Cluster with MCS7835 and 7845

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We've got 1 MCS7835 (CPQ) and 2 MCS7845H2400 servers.

Based on these servers we want to build a cluster that is supported by Cisco TAC.

The CCM 3.3.x design guide is not giving us the right answer, that's why i'm asking this question.

Is it possible to build the following cluster:

Publisher MCS7835 - no registered devices, no dns, no dhcp - just the Publisher, Backup and TFTP.

Subscriber MCS7845 - 3000 IPPhones - Failover to the second Subscriber

Subscriber MCS7845 - 3000 IPPhones - Failover to the First Subscriber

There are 9 gateway's registered with each 2 ISDN-30 (E1-MGCP) on the subscribers.

The subscribers are running DNS and DHCP.

My motivation is that it should be possible to have a MCS7835 Publisher without any registered devices and will never get one either.

And that platform will be sufficient for these purposes, because of the mirror and other specs like processor.

Is this supported by Cisco TAC?

Thanks in advance,

Julien Kroes

1 Reply 1

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Jilien,

This should be OK, but does vary from the design Rules. A cluster with 7835 can support up to 10,000 so a Pub on 7835 with only 6K will be OK. All; you are doing is combining the subscribers into less (but higher spec)boxes, So long as you do not go above 7500, I would think it OK.

Any Cisco People available to comment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: