Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallManager 3.3.3sr1 has no StiBackup!

Has anyone installed CM 3.3.3 and then upgraded to sr1 and then discovered that StiBackup doesnt get installed? Very strange. Did Cisco take it out? I ended up downloading the exe from CCO and installing it manually.

len

9 REPLIES

Re: CallManager 3.3.3sr1 has no StiBackup!

STIBack needs to be updated (manually) to 3.5.44 during the 3.3(3) upgrade process. It's the third step after disabling third party software and removing servers from domain/workgroup. Did we forget to look at the release notes?? :)

You may be right, but this is not an upgrade situation, but a new install of 3.3.3. I can not find anything in the 3.3.3 Release Notes discussing Backup software.

Whilst installing 3.3 you should have been prompted to specifying either a backup server or backup target, depending on where you're installing the Publisher or Subscriber. Did you see these options, if you selected target, then this would explain why you were unable to see the backup in the systray.

I specified Backup server....it didn't get installed!

Hi,

You can find it on the CD and in istall it.

Allan

I recently installed 3.3.2 and upgraded to 3.3.3. Prior to upgrading to 3.3.3, I installed and ran the upgrade wizard, this ensures that you meet all the pre-requisites before installing the 3.3.3 fmu.

The upgrade wizard advised that MCSBackup had to be updraded to version 3.5.44. After installing the update, and then the CCM 3.3.3 upgrade, I did not come across the problem you mentioned.

Did you install 3.3.3 from the build CD's, if this was the case, then there is an obvious problem with the CD's. From 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 there is no problem.

I installed from a new 3.3.3 cd that came with the server. It was not an upgrade. The CD contained the following files:

autorun.exe

autorun.inf

CCMSetup.exe

Cisco CallManager.msi

InstMsiW.exe

That's it. No backup utility. I installed 3.5.44, which I downloaded from CCO.

I recently also installed a new server with the 3.3 CD's.

It didnt actually ask me if I wanted to be a backup server or target. I thought I had missed something so I reinstalled the server and it was still not there.

I installed the backup utility manually and all is working o.k.

My main concern was that there were no apps in the STI directory as on previous pre 3.3.3 installs. The main on I used was STIver. However with the latest OS patches a OS version program is installed automatically.

Glen

That's what I thoght. I took another look at the Release notes for 3.3.3 that came with my CDs and somewhere "burried deep" it references that the StiBackup needs to be installed manually.

I wish Cisco would make it a bigger deal in their documentation and really point it out! It would make sense to put it into the "New Features or lack of" section.

Yes...it looks like the Stiver utility is now part of the Start button menu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content