cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 3.3 Camp feature/ Unity Camp

ryan.hicks
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has a feature in CallManager 3.3 called Cisco Call Back or CCB. If you dial an IP Phone and the line is busy a call back soft-key appears. However this works only station to station (IP Phone to IP Phone). I am still looking for a camp feature in Unity that will hold a call, check line status, and when the line becomes available transfer (mostly outside callers) to the line.

Anybody have any ideas?

PS: I am already using IPICD at all locations which is an extremely expensive alternative.

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This only seems to work if the original call destination was to Unity and it is an unidentified caller. However our call flow is the following. We do not front our calls with Unity. Calls are made direct to the phone and forwared to the VM pilot. In this case the call is identified and the subscriber greeting is played.

Call directly to IP Phone line 1

Forward Busy-> Line 2

Foward No Answer-> Voice Mail Pilot

Line 2

Forward Busy-> Voice Mail Pilot

Forward No Answer-> Voice Mail Pilot

This is what happens

Line 1 is busy

call rolls to line 2

User does not answer call

call forwared to vm pilot

Once that happens Unity recognizes the extension, plays greeting, and caller can leave message.

what I would like to happen is this...

Call directly to IP Phone line 1

Forward Busy-> Line 2

Foward No Answer-> Voice Mail Pilot

Line 2

Forward Busy-> Voice Mail Pilot

Forward No Answer-> Voice Mail Pilot

Line 1 is busy

call rolls to line 2

User does not answer call

call forwared to vm pilot.

Greeting plays

Unity tries user extension

Unity says extension is busy

Hold while we try (user can hold)

or press 1 to leave a message.

you can get close to this by offering a one key option in the subscribers greeting that says something like "Jimmy is not available, to try him again press 1..." and have the one key set to "attempt transfer for" the same subscriber's mailbox - the transfer rules could be setup to then hold if the line is busy.

You can also do a little work around using the blank greeting option to have calls that forward to Unity immediately try an extension, although doing this on a subscriber's mailbox is a real bad idea since all call that forwarded to that extension would get rocketed off to another extension or you can get stuck in a "transfer loop". This is covered in the examples section of the audio text doc I published a couple weeks ago which you can get here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

I would reccomend going with the one key option that the caller can choose if they like since it avoids transfer loops and handles all forwarding scenarios neatly.

In that scenario, Unity attempts the transfer for the IP Phones line which is set to forward busy to the VM pilot. This is a DID based call center. The only way I can see it working in this scenario is for Unity to check the line status of the IP phone (maybe the same way attendant console does?) and have a transfer rule based on that scenario. I know that it would be useless for other phone switch integrations but would be extremely helpful in CallManager integrations. Otherwise CallManager's line busy and no answer forwarding settings come into play.

I have tried many times to get this to work. This is why I use IPICD to facilitate a queueing type call flow. Both Attendant Console and ICD check the line state. ICD actually associates with an extension. This is why it works welI. I have 500 users in three call centers most of whom are traders. Outside callers will wait until their trader is favailable. However ICD is getting expensive. And they like the convienience of DID.

Most systems I replace are DID based with VM.

Siemens w Phonemail (Camp) or Avvaya. They are used to a camp feature and DID.

Unity cannot do call holding when the line it's going to try to dial out to is set to forward on a busy condition. Sorry : (

If the phone is set to foward on busy, when Unity calls it, its not going to be busy (Unity needs some indication that the line is busy); it'll be ringing somewhere else, right?. Since it will be ringing somewhere else (and in this case, right back at Unity), there will be issues and I don't think this is going to work correctly.

Yeah,

The only way I see it working is where Unity checks the line state of an IP Phone the way ICD or attendant console does.

Nah, it gets it via Skinny (as with all Unity's CCM telephony interaction) from actually calling the phone.