cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager 3.3 installation

cory-gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new HP Proliant DL380. There is nothing on it except the BIOS dated 1/1/03. I tried to install the Hardware Detection CD for IPT operating system 2000.2.3. The server reads the CD, loads one of Cisco Pictures, stops reading the CD, and then the hard drive lights stay on. One would think to wait and be patient. Three hours later same picture and nothing is happening... no messages... no anything. Rebooting will put you back in the same spot. I searched Cisco website for known problems and turned up nothing. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

The installation CDs for CM 3.3 seem to be a lot more picky about the hardware you use than ever before. I suspect that the server hardware doesn't exactly match the Cisco spec and so the automated install can't complete / start because they don't know what to do with your platform.

I saw something similar when I put a CM disk into a 7827(Unity server) instead of a 7825, the disk starts but then goes round an endless loop of trying to install but failing.

Paul

My company ordered this server for this exact purpose. Everything was ordered to the Specs.

You may have to get an updated CD. The CD that we had for 3.3 was not "new" enough to support the 2.4Mhz processor...which is technically supported but the cd says it is not. We are waiting for the new part number

How do you get the updated CD?

OK I had the same thing happen, try this.

I know this sounds stupid but my problem was the screen size was too small and even though it does not look like it there is a NEXT button hanging off the screen on the bottom. I know there is a nice little border around the picture making it look like that's the whole page but it isn't.

screen size changing did not work.

If you are using a DL380G3 that you got yourself, then firstly it needs to match the configuration exactly that is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly

Secondly, specifically for the G3 models, you need to be using the OS installation media version 2000.2.4. 2000.2.3 does not support the newer servers. The part numbers to order the installation media for these platforms are also located at the URL above.

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

I had a looping installation on a 7825 with 2000.2.4. The install would get to the quickbuilder page. I would hit next twice and then the system would reboot back to the same page. I looked through the boot messages and found the message SCSI device not found. I used F8 to reset the boot SCSI controller, although it already looked like it was set. The message went away and the install was okay after that.