Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager 4.1 IP phones calling Avaya Voicemail Pro

I have a customer that has Avaya IP Office and thier voicemail product, Voicemail Pro. We have a H.323 trunk between the CallManager IP phones and the Avaya IP phones and can call eachother, but the Cisco IP Phones cannot call the Avaya Voicemail Pro system. Anybody played with this before? I just want the Cisco IP Phones to be able to roll to thier voicemail system when CFNA. The phones are all 6XX and I have a route pattern of 6XX. I can dial 6XX phones but not the 6XX voicemail port, though the Avaya phones can.

3 REPLIES

Re: CallManager 4.1 IP phones calling Avaya Voicemail Pro

Do you have a Vmail pilot port configured in CM? If so can you skip it and get to vmail direclty through the port extensions? Make sure it's not just an issue of the PIlot point not being reachable. The CSS and Partitions need to be available from the lines to the Pilot, but then the Pilot needs to be able to see the Ports, otherwise it will fail.

If you are not using the Pilot or the Ports and just sending all the 6xxx to the H323 gateway, then the issue is probably with the Avaya and not the CM. Try a "debug isdn q931" on the router to make sure you can see the vmail number when it comes through. maybe the 6 is getting stripped and therefor the Avaya does not know where you want to go.

The issue is Cisco Ip phones can't call the Avaya Voice mail system. There is no router involved, as this is an IP trunk between the Avaya IP Office and CallManager.

The route patterns work as a Cisco IP phone can call an Avaya IP Phone and vice versa.

The only thing I can think of at this point is a "calling search space" -type issue on the Avaya side that isn't allowing the Cisco IP Phones to call the Avaya Voice Mail system, since I have been able to get calls into the voicemail system when I called an Avaya IP phone and transferred the call into voicemail. Call Forward No Answer on the Avaya and direct calls into the Avaya Voicemail Pro don't work though. I'm working that angle.

Did you ever figure out the solution? We'll be doing a similar setup

Also, how is H.323 setup in CallManager? When I go to add a trunk in 4.1(3), my options are:

H.225 (Gatekeeper Controlled)

ICT (Gatekeeper Controlled)

ICT (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled)

SIP

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content