Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.2 features to expect

joel.paulraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm installing CallManager 4.2 and wanted to know the features I can look for, any links or information appreciated.

All I saw was:

==============

Directed Call Park

Log out/in of Hunt Groups

Call Forward on Non Registered or No Bandwidth

IPMA on a phone

Device Mobility Improvements(Intra-Cluster)

Complex Passwords and password aging using LDAP

Call Pickup Notification (Audible/Visual)

Voice Quality Statistics

Any flashy features like 5.0 on this?

Thanks,

Joe

AT&T

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

No flashy features.

Directed Call park and logout/login off hunt groups is a good one.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I got to say that the device mobility is pretty major one. Now you will be able to have your remote users roam and get assigned to a device pool for particular site, where the right resources will be used as well as correct codecs.

I am very excited about the loging out of hunt groups and directed park as well as pickup notifications.

Are you installing it in a lab or for a production enviroenment?

Chris

meumeuh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, what is device mobilty improvement ????

thanks

Check out :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2437869

Device Mobility

Cisco CallManager uses IP subnets and device pools that contain location information to determine a device home location. By linking IP subnets to locations, the system can determine whether a device is at its home location or a remote location and register the device accordingly.

To support device mobility, modifications to the device pool structure separate the user information from the location and mobility information. Beginning with Cisco CallManager release 4.2(1), the device pool now contains the information that pertains to the device itself and to device mobility. An added common profile allows you to configure all the user-related information. You must associate each device with the common profile for user based information.

In addition to the device pool and common profile, device mobility uses device mobility groups, physical locations, and device mobility information to determine device identity and roaming properties and configuration.

Read the release notes for further details, also read the admin guide for configuration.

Chris

Also good and not in 5.0 is CF on unregistered - noticed how much of a pain it is to be able to set up translations in SRST boxes to allow internal extension dialling to the central sites? But not been able to dial the SRST site with internal numbers when in a failure?

With CF unregistered you can put in the DDI of the extension and can then dial it when the WAN is down... Surprising it's not been there for so long...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also should probably mention that the word is that features in CM4.2 that aren't in 5.0 will be in 5.1, and I believe the next release of the Windows version will incorporate the new CM5.0 features..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: