cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 5 install

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone have a useful cm 5.0 install guide? I have a lab HP DL320 when I insert the installation DVD I just get

"Could not find kernel image: Linux"

6 Replies 6

llspears
Level 1
Level 1

I receive the same error, have you had any luck?

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

Probably because you need an os. Either there is an OS CD in there or you need to manually run throught the os installatioin

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

What disk set do you have? We got our Callmanager 5 CDs as SASU upgrade, and they are coming with the Linux installation procedure. When you boot up from the CD, first it installs Linux, and then it runs CallManager installation or upgrade. Our disk DVD disk, named "Cisco Unified CallManager Installation Disk", version 5.0(3a).

Mike

----

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

Note: The CM5 installation disk is a DVD not a CD.

Back up all of your data using the procedures outlined in the release notes. Place the DVD in a DVD Drive (Duh) and reboot the machine. The Linux should start the install and hardware compatibility check. You will require at least 2GB of RAM and dual 72GB Ultra SCSI drives to install this. Use the CCM Upgrade Assistant Install program 4-2-1.

Lee (needing to add hardware to his MCS 7835 in order to play with this...:< )

kdamisch
Level 1
Level 1

If it is a 5.0(4) DVD, then you should automatically be receiving a new one in the mail. We received a 5.0(4) DVD, and I received that same error message. Last week, we received another copy with a letter stating there was an issue in production of the DVD media causing this. The new DVD we received installed OK. I would suggest contacting your account team to get the latest copy if the new one hasn't arrived yet.

Hope this helps! If so, please rate.

Kevin

yes the copy I have is 5.0(4) and requested a new copy. thanks for the advice