Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Callmanager and 1750 Gateway.

I've setup Callmanager 3.0(7). It has basic configuration. I can now communicate between IP Phones. How do I configure my 1750 as the PSTN gateway of my Callmanager?

I'm new to callmanager so somethings might not have been configured or familar with.

Links and some explaination will be helpful.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Callmanager and 1750 Gateway.

First of all, I assume you have one or more voice ports installed in the 1750 that will allow it to route calls between the TDM network and the VoIP network.

As far as configuring CallManager, you need to add the 1750 router as an H.323 gateway in the configuration. Check out this page:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/admin_gd/3_0_5/p6gatewy.htm#22407

For configuring the 1750, you can use the following page as a general reference, just don't use the preference and voice-class commands if you are not using 2 or more CallManagers in a redundant configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/backup_cm.html

The 1750 was picked-up this morning for a demo before I could test it out.

I also have a 3660 and 2610 with me here.

according to the second document you gave me that they are configured the same way.

I would like to ask whats the minimum requirement for IOS?

I can't input voice-class h323. it only allows voice-class codec as the option.

I'm currently running 12.1(4) IOS in my 3660(flash:2:c3660-is-mz.121-4.bin) and 12.0(7)T in my 2610 (flash:c2600-i-mz.120-7.T)

Thanks

3660 and 2610 if equipped with the analog cards and NM-2V (or 1V) should be able to be built as an MGCP gateway in call manager. Do a search on CCO for MGCP configuration and it will tell you how to configure. It is easier than 323 to setup, but it only works for analog (FXO/FXS). If you have a digital gateway (T1 or PRI) into the 3600 or 2600, you would need to stick with H323 as Dave described.

WATCH OUT! Make sure to use the hostname of the MGCP router and not the IP address of the MGCP router, otherwise it won't register correctly. The router will say it is connected to the call manager, but the call manger won't connect to it. You may need resolve the hostname to IP address of the router locally on the CM in the hosts file if you don't use DNS.

Both 3660 and 2610 are equipped with Analog cards and NM-2V.

Is it also possible to setup 323 in this routers? Whats the minimum IOS requirement?

I can't configure MGCP due its not an acceptable command. I'm still waiting for my new IOS to arrive.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content