cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager and Siemens/Rolm Migration

Ken Snyder
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with an existing Rolm and Aspect. We are building a complete IPCC network. The admin’s are using the Rolm that will stay in use long after the Aspect is replaced with IPCC so CallManager must be tied into the Rolm so admin users can call users in the call center. Does anyone have some insight on the process to migrate a Rolm to CallManager? I can't find any documenataion on CCO. Here is the Rolm version: 2 cabinet 9751 Model 10 Release 9005.6.84.

Regards,

-Ken

7 Replies 7

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What type of voice interfaces does the rolm have. T1-CAS or T1-PRI? That would be a good place to start.

Thank you,

-Mckee

The Rolm currently has T1-CAS ports. What are my options?

-Ken

jawise
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC should have papers on the aspect and Siemens, if you remove the aspect you will need ACD software in the Siemens I believe, if you have specific questions, about the Siemens send me an email.

A link for the aspect

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/acdsup/aspctacd.pdf

jwise@wavenet.cc

Thanks for the aspect link but I'm specifically looking for anything that states this very old Rolm 9751 system will tie into a CCM voice gateway with a T1-CaS configuration. I've found several doc's on the Rolm HICOM migration but nothing regarding this old Rolm 9751 PBX.

-Ken

If all you are asking about is being able to call between one system and another (i.e. no IPCC or voicemail integration) then I don't see a problem here. We have a number of gateways that can handle T1 CAS signaling, we just need to know how the Rolm will be operating in that regard -- for instance, wink-start, immediate-start, fxo emulation, etc. -- so that you can choose the correct gateway accordingly.

Thanks for the input. I am stuck with the WS-X6608-T1 gateway for this project. I was able to find that this gateway does support T1-CAS with CM 3.1. What type of "limitations" can be expected with a T1-CAS configuration?

-Ken

what is the software of the 9751, 900X.X the system could have the latest software then it would be the same as a hicom switch.

jwise@wavenet.cc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: