CallManager as MTP/XCODE, design question

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have the following setup:

CCM 4.0(1)sr2a, one publisher, two subscribers

IPCC Express, CRS 3.5(1)

4 sites with 2800/3800 as gateway (PRI/BRI)

Main site (Netherlands) holds call center agents (20) with several queues.

New request from business is to have a local number in Spain that get's routed to the CSQs. No problem in itself, the queue, CTI route point, JTAPI trigger, calling search space, partition are all setup and it works fine. That is, as long as I use G.711, as soon as I use G.729 the call fails, so IMHO I have a transcoding issue.

The design in place today is that I have the CallManager as MTP in the MRL (media resource list), but since the gateway in Spain uses a different MRL I wonder two things:

1) is it at all possible to have the CallManager transcode and terminate the G.729 call from the gateway in Spain and the G.711 to the CTI port of the IPCC Express server? The setup is that the site that holds the IPCC Express server also holds a subscriber which is the MTP in the MRL. The other subscriber and publisher are in the datacenter.

2) what is the best/easiest way to troubleshoot transcoding issues

Thanks in advance,

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Leo, CallManager resources can't perfom transcoding between g711 and g729 (software resources), you'll need hardware resources (DSPs) to perform the transcoding.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Leo, CallManager resources can't perfom transcoding between g711 and g729 (software resources), you'll need hardware resources (DSPs) to perform the transcoding.

Thanks for the swift reply, that is what I figured, but I was put on the wrong foot by a consultant taht came in and said it was possible.

I am waiting for my PVDM as I initially ordered it in advance, and since the call volume is only 1 simultaneous call for now the G.711 is fine for now.

Again, thanks for swift reply.

Leo