cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Attendant Console over WAN connection

smh1218
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to run Attendant Console over the WAN. I have a branch office that I would like to install AC, but I cannot seem to get the Call Control layer up when I start the AC gui.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The use of the Attendant Console outside of the central site can require a considerable amount of bandwidth if the remote sites must access large user account directories without caching them.

-Apart from IP Phone requirements , AC needs Jtapi messages communications

-Line State Updates..It depends on number of phones which change line state at a given time ..TCD server sends this as UDP packets..And how many of these are listed on the console directory/speed dial at a given

time..

Say we have 10 phones getting a new call at a time and for of these are listed on Console , we will get line state for 4 phones.

-At each login , the console connects to server and checks if userlist file has changed and if changed it downloads the same..Workaround is to have local copy of this file

But this is usually a one time step per login session.

Regarding your question, it should work, verify that no ACLs, FW or other network device is blocking traffic from|to CCM and AC console|IP Phone.

You may check this link to verify configuration is fine.

AC user password (12345)

PP|IP Phones associations

CTI|TCD started

etc

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_0/sys_ad/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b04ccmac.htm

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The use of the Attendant Console outside of the central site can require a considerable amount of bandwidth if the remote sites must access large user account directories without caching them.

-Apart from IP Phone requirements , AC needs Jtapi messages communications

-Line State Updates..It depends on number of phones which change line state at a given time ..TCD server sends this as UDP packets..And how many of these are listed on the console directory/speed dial at a given

time..

Say we have 10 phones getting a new call at a time and for of these are listed on Console , we will get line state for 4 phones.

-At each login , the console connects to server and checks if userlist file has changed and if changed it downloads the same..Workaround is to have local copy of this file

But this is usually a one time step per login session.

Regarding your question, it should work, verify that no ACLs, FW or other network device is blocking traffic from|to CCM and AC console|IP Phone.

You may check this link to verify configuration is fine.

AC user password (12345)

PP|IP Phones associations

CTI|TCD started

etc

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_0/sys_ad/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b04ccmac.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: