Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallManager Backup Question

I am running CallManager on MCS-7835H-3000 servers. I am thinking pulling one of the mirrored drives for backup purpose. Can someone tell me if I can do this on the fly, another word hot swap the drive or I have to shutdown the server then swap out the drive ? I know the procedure said that I have to shutdown the server but I think you can hot swap the drive.

Can someone comfirm this for me?

thanks in advance !!!

Danny

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CallManager Backup Question

You definately want to shutdown before pulling the drive. Technically they are "hot swappable" but 1 in 1000 times the drive will become corrupt if pulled while still spinning. Its really up to you and if the extra 8 minutes of downtime is worth knowing you have a valid backup drive.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Cool, I agree and it makes sense !!

Thanks ! I appreciate your response !!

Danny

Hello Adignan ! another quick question for you. Will server performance be affected while the drives are re-mirroring ? Should I wait 'til re-mirroring is completely done on one server then start on next one ? I am planning pulling one drive out from each server in the cluster.

thank you very much !!!

Danny

Silver

Of course this would affect the server performance. THe hard disks will be busy synchronizing the mirror. It is better if you wait for some time make sure mirror is back up and move to the second server.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content