cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Callback feature

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

when a user misses a call, and tries to use the dial back feature from his IP Phone. The user gets a busy signal, because the number is dialed without a 9 to access the trunk?

How do I configue CCM and GW, so that when the user dialback a number(e.g DN starting with 305 ) CCM will be able to send the number out the GW.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Method 1: For any CM controlled gateway (6608/DT24+/DE30+) or for IOS GW's

-Create a partition called "Incoming_Translate" and a CSS of "CSS_Incoming_Translate".

-Create a translation pattern that matches user DN's on the system. It can be all x's for simplicity.

-Set the 'Calling Party Transfomations', Prefix Digits to the access code. i.e. 9 (Note: a 1 may be needed for Long distance calls) -Set the partition to "Incoming_Translate"

-Set the CSS to a CSS that can find the phone DN's -On the GW, set the CSS to "CSS_Incoming_Translate"

Method 2: For IOS GW's only

Configure a translation rule on the gw to prepend the 9 in the calling party number:

translation-rule 1 <-----

Rule 1 ^0.% 90

Rule 2 ^1.% 91

Rule 3 ^2.% 92

Rule 4 ^3.% 93

Rule 5 ^4.% 94

Rule 6 ^5.% 95

Rule 7 ^6.% 96

Rule 8 ^7.% 97

Rule 9 ^8.% 98

Rule 10 ^9.% 99

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Translate outgoing calling 1 <----

Destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4:192.168.0.100

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

First I just need to clear up exactly what you mean.

Are you refering to the Missed call List / Feature, or the CallBack on Busy / No-answer feature.

I'll assume you mean Missed calls because the CallBack feature does not work with gateway calls.

You have 2 choices.

1) the user can edit dial the number to insert the 9 before placing the call. Most users accept this (after complaining for 5 minutes) and it is the easiest to implement because youdo not have to do anything.

2)You can apply a translation to all incoming calls from the gateway to prefix the incoming CLI with a 9.

2a) do it on call manager using a translation pattern, but this only works if the incoming CLI is always of a set length.

2b) on H.323 based gateways use translation patterns to modify the CLI.

The problem with option 2a is that variable length CLI causes problems and you may end up with more questions from users than it's worth. 2b only applies if you are using H.323 gateways but works every time.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I was refering to the Missed Call list. Do U have a sample config for the h323 GW, and how to acheive this in CCM.

Working on a production network, and not quite sure of what cmds will acheive my desired goals. Thanks

Method 1: For any CM controlled gateway (6608/DT24+/DE30+) or for IOS GW's

-Create a partition called "Incoming_Translate" and a CSS of "CSS_Incoming_Translate".

-Create a translation pattern that matches user DN's on the system. It can be all x's for simplicity.

-Set the 'Calling Party Transfomations', Prefix Digits to the access code. i.e. 9 (Note: a 1 may be needed for Long distance calls) -Set the partition to "Incoming_Translate"

-Set the CSS to a CSS that can find the phone DN's -On the GW, set the CSS to "CSS_Incoming_Translate"

Method 2: For IOS GW's only

Configure a translation rule on the gw to prepend the 9 in the calling party number:

translation-rule 1 <-----

Rule 1 ^0.% 90

Rule 2 ^1.% 91

Rule 3 ^2.% 92

Rule 4 ^3.% 93

Rule 5 ^4.% 94

Rule 6 ^5.% 95

Rule 7 ^6.% 96

Rule 8 ^7.% 97

Rule 9 ^8.% 98

Rule 10 ^9.% 99

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Translate outgoing calling 1 <----

Destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4:192.168.0.100

Does this work on all calls? Caller ID provides the area code even for local calls. It looks like this would prepend a 9 in front of the area code, causing the local call to go out with a 9+area code+number.

How do you differentiate between a local and long distance calls? Seems you would have to have a set of rules to remove the area code and prepend a 9 for local numbers and a set to prepend a 91 to long distance numbers.

Or did I miss something?

Try sending the full 1+10 digits for all calls, including local, to the telco. Not sure if it works in all areas, but from what ive seen the telco will route the call.

Doesn't work