Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Cluster Problems

barry.hart
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 CallManager 3.1(3a) servers.

I installed the first server with no problems and setup extension mobility OK.

When I installed the second server I configured it as a subscriber to the first.

I installed CRA on the subscriber OK to support extension mobility.

When I look at the second (subcriber) callmanger it seems to syncronize OK. I see changes on the subscriber everytime I make changes on the publisher.

I have forced a phone to failover onto the second callamanger (subcriber) and its seems to do that fine.

I get a DN from callmanager but the phone give me a service unavailable tone when I try to make a call. The config seems OK on the callmanager.

When I look at the subcriber it shows my phone as "not found"

When I look at the publisher it shows my phone as not registered"

Is this right?

Any help would be grateful.

I have made the DC Directorys syncronize OK.

Barry

7 Replies 7

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1.Did you mean you have installed CRA on both servers?You need it only on one

2.Are you trying to make a call from an ip phone to another ip phone registered to the same callmanager?

3.If you are trying to make outgoing call do you have a properly configured gateway at all?

Marina

1. Yes I have installed CRA on both server. I guess I should uninstall it then.

2. Yes I am making a IP to IP call on the same CM

3. I know the gateway is configured configuration correctly as the phones that are registered to the publisher work fine. It's only the phone that I have failed over to the subsciber that fail to work. Surely CRA has to be installed on the second callmanager as when the primary one fails over the is no application running on the backup one?

Cheers

Barry

Barry,

No, you can't do that, when you add Login and Logout services you point them to a specific server ip address the Extension Mobility is installed on...Uninstall it from the subscriber...

Actually i don't really think that could cause your problem but before troubleshooting further i would remove it first...Then you can verify if the failover setup is correct, there is no network problem, sql....bla bla bla

OK

I understand now.

So the design should be. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2x callmanger servers. one publisher and one subscriber

1x separate TFTP server

1x separate IPT Services server

Do I install Win2k server for the Services server and then just install CRA?

Is that it.

Thanks for all you help so far

Barry

Barry ,

It depends on how many devices will you have .

For example..for 1,000 ip phones i would go for

1st Server Publisher+CRA (if its extension mobility only..)+TFTP and backup for the phones

2nd Server Subscriber and primary for the phones

If you have lots of services you can have a dedicated application server if you like

Have a look at the ipt design guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns110/ns163/ns165/ns268/networking_solutions_design_guidances_list.html

Also I have been told in CCM 3.3 extension mobilty won't need the CRA anymore and will be integrated into the system..

Marina

Marina

Thanks.

If I do decide to install a separate Services server do I only need to install W2k and CRA or does it need CallManager as well

I am ploughing my way through the design guide as I type. (A multitasking man. wow!)

Seems like a night time read.

Cheers

Barry

No, you dont need to install the CallManager, just JTAPI client should be enough

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: