cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Cluster - subscriber no DB access

vcolla
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to (first time) configure a call manager cluster and getting peculiar results. I've installed the subscriber CCM, made sure that replication works, and configured all other necessary items ("Servers", "Call Manager Groups", etc.).

When I unplug the primary call manager from the network to test fail-over, the phones seem to try and re-home, but I get the following error message on the subscriber CCM:

Error: UNKNOWN_ALARM:DBLException -

ErrorCode: 26

ExceptionString: Unknown SQL driver error. Please send message to Cicso developer for Telephony D

DeviceName: SEP00308546D1F0

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: FQPBX01-Cluster

Node ID: 10.30.1.51

Explanation:

Recommended Actcon: .

Of course when I just shutting down the CallManager service on the primary (instead of unplugging it from the net), the phones re-home. What do you think could be the problem? Is the secondary CCM trying to hit the primary DB? How can I troubleshoot this?

Thank you,

Vladimir

1 Reply 1

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello vladimir.

since the dbl has to be aware of a failover, and complains about "unknown sql DRIVER ERROR", this seems like a bug to me.

you can troubleshoot this over the callmanager serviceability-application, by enabling the "database layer monitor" traces, and look into

c:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DBL on the callmanager

since the dbl-service uses

DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=ccm;DATABASE=CCM0301

or similar, maybe it could help to upgrade the odbc-driver. but this has to be confirmed by the tac first !!!

good luck,

gerhard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: