Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager connected to Meridian PBX problem with call forwading

4 "tie lines" configured as PRI DMS-100 that connect to a Meridian PBX using a Cisco 6608 blade in CAT 6500 series chassis. Everything was working fine til this past weekend. Now when a meridian phone calls a phone over the "tie lines" to a cisco phone the call will compelete if someone answers. If it tries to go to voicemail via forward no answer or forward busy the caller on the meridian phone gets a fast busy. If I forward all to voicemail it works. If I use iDivert it works. If I call fwd all to an external cell phone it rings once and busy's out. Any ideas? They did some work on the PBX, but of course say nothing changed, and we did a 4.1(3)SR3 patch that may have changed something but I can't figure out what would cause this.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CallManager connected to Meridian PBX problem with call forw

The 4.1.3SR3 patch would have upgraded the firmware load on the 6608 blade. Since everything was working fine before the patch, a quick fix would be downgrade the 6608 firware to the one you had before applying the patch.

Regards,

Anup

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CallManager connected to Meridian PBX problem with call forw

Hi Richard,

We have the same setup as you do and I would bet that the problem is on the Nortel end.What you have described for what works and what doesn't indicates a problem with "allow Trunk to Trunk connection or Tromboning"on the Nortel.Is your voicemail Unity, or something else that is hanging off the Nortel (Octel or Call Pilot)perhaps? It seems that the only calls that won't complete are ones that are connecting from the Nortel through CCM and trying to go back out across the Tie lines.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content