Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callmanager Corporate Directory

Is there a way to hide certain users in the corporate directory? I thought that I found something on it at one time but I cannot find it again.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES

Re: Callmanager Corporate Directory

Well, we have created a custom Corperate Directory that limits the search based on department, so we would simply leave the department field blank. However, if you currently have the standard Corperate Directory, and you have any programming experience, it would not be difficult to edit the ASP file to filter out any names that started with a certain character squence. For instance, you could change the first name of any entry you want hidden to unlisted. Then a quick check on the first name of an entry and you can skip displaying that entry.

Thanks for the input. I would have liked to be as simple as having a check box or radio but to say display or hide, but maybe in the next release. :)

Thanks again!

Gold

Setting the Description field of the user to the exact, case-sensitive string of 'CiscoPrivateUser' will cause the user to not show up in the directory. Be careful doing this to some system users, as some of them do need to be visible to CCM.

Bronze

I found your suggestion of using CiscoPrivateUser works on the Cisco phones. Thanks for the tip!!! However, I discovered something strange. Using this on the IPBlue softphones it just changes the user to CsicoPrivateUser in the Corporate Directory listing on the IPBlue softphone. Must be the way the phone dips the database.

That makes sense. The Cisco phones use an ASP page to call a ActiveX app that actually queries the LDAP Directory. then the ASP script formats the information in XML format and delivers that to the phone. The IP Blue must have a LDAP lookup engine built-in.

Gold

The Description workaround is an ugly hack and Cisco really does need a seperate show/don't show LDAP attribute while they're extending the schema, I will agree with the poster above on that. However, so long as this is the only way, IP Blue probably should add it to have feature parity and compatibility with the Cisco products.

Bronze

I did some more testing with the "CiscoPrivateUser" on the Cisco softphone. What I found was that on both the IPBlue and the Cisco softphone the "CiscoPrivateUser" is displayed in the Corporate Directory. So basically using this to hide the user name will only work on the 7940/7960 and as stated above is an ugly hack.

I am hoping you can help me out here. I have followed this post and try what is recommended. I am having a problem here. I tried both methods listed whereas I create a file called Hideuser.ldif (or Txt). within the file it have the following info:

dn: cn=[userid],ou=users,o=cisco.com

changeType: modify

replace: Description

Description: CiscoPrivateUser

Where userid = Call Manager USERID I am trying to hide. I have this file on the root of my C:\

I then run the command:

ldapmodify -h -p 8404 -D "cn=Directory Manager,o=cisco.com" -w -c -f hideuser.ldif

Where -h = Servername or Ip Address and DC Admin PW is still default "ciscocisco"

My command looks like this:

ldapmodify -h 10.1.1.1 -p 8404 -D "cn=Directory Manager,o=cisco.com" -v ciscocisco -c -f hideuser.ldif

The error I receive is this:

modifying entry cn=[AdminUser1],ou=users,o=cisco.com

ldap_modify:No Such Object

ldap_modify:matched: ou=users,o=cisco.com

ldap_modify:addition info: No such object

I look into DC Directory and I clearly see the user "AdminUser1" which I am trying to hide for a Corp Directory"search.

The other thing I am confused about is where is this "Description Field" in users?

It isn't in the Call Manager users nor do I see it anywhere on the User Properties within DC Directory.

Any Ideas or help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

L.

Bronze

Here is what I did in testing the recommendation above that uses "CiscoPrivateUser".

Open CCM Administration and select: User>>>Global Directory. Then do a search on the user you want to hide. Then on the "User Configuration" page change the First Name field = CiscoPrivateUser and change the Last Name field = CiscoPrivateUser and save.

The user will no longer be listed in the Corporate Directory (unless you access from a Cisco Softphone or IPBlue Softphone).

I did that and all that it does is create a user in Corporate Directory called "CiscoPrivateUser", it doesn't hide the user.

I don't know too much about DB's but its like there is something missing out of the DC Directory which reconizes "CiscoPrivateUser" as a field not to be displayed.

Still Need help..

Thanks

What version of CCM are you running? I don't know when Cisco put in the "CiscoPrivateUser" hack, but perhaps you have a version that predates the hack.

It would really only be a couple of lines added to the XMLDirectoryList.ASP script to implement. But, again, it would only work for directory lookups that use XML, i,e, 7940/7960 phones.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content