cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Express & CiscoIPPhoneExecute (One for the Experts)

jeane123
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone tried getting Execute command working with CallManager Express? I have a CallManager and a Express version, on my CallManager the CiscoIPPhoneExecute works but not with CME ?

Also, When a IP Phone looses connectivity to CallManager during a phone call it displays the following " CM down, functions disabled " (With the Speakerphone light on) Now, If the Connection is re-established the phone stays in this state. If I press the Speaker button it returns to Idle state. How can I do this remotely or is there a timeout that I can Increase or Decrease.

Even on CallManager if I try to Execute the Key:Speaker when the phone is in this state it comes back with IPPhoneError 6. In this state the Web-Server is still running and it still Authenticates me.

Thanx

5 Replies 5

kjb8377
Level 1
Level 1

To test, try this code....

copy this in a notepad and save file as .html file

http:///CGI/Execute" Method="POST">

Open the file in IE and press POST button.

Cheers,

KJB

Yes, we have been able to do push to phones on CME using CiscoIPPhoneExecute and HTTP POST.

I've been trying with CME 4.1 and could not get to push keys with the IPCP.

Not sure what is wrong. I telnet from router to phone port 80 and paste a string like that:

POST /CGI/Execute HTTP/1.1

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Host: 10.0.97.200

Authorization: Basic dXNlcjoxMjM0

Content-Length: 131

XML=%09%3CCiscoIPPhoneExecute%3E%0D%0A%09%3CExecuteItem+URL%3D%22Key%3ALine1%22%2F%3E%0D%0A%09%3C%2FCiscoIPPhoneExecute%3E%0D%0A%09

No matter the authorization string used, the phone returns always:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Content-Type: text/xml

Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 01:42:13 GMT

Cache-Control: no-cache

Expires: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 23:00:00 GMT

Content-Length: 32

Server: Allegro-Software-RomPager/4.20

Keep in mind that there is no authentication service in CME, so you have to provide your own authentication and then update the authentication URL on phones.

That is a good suggestion. In fact CME supports phone authentication:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080864d04.html#wp1026063

Will give it a shot as time permits.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: