Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallManager Express License for 7940

Dear Sir.

I would like to know if I connect two 7940 to a 2811 router (call manager express), do I need to buy 2 unit of SW-CCME-UL-7940=?

If SW-CCME-UL-7940= is only for 1 IP phone to be put on 1 router (call manager express).

What if I decided to put the phone into another rouer (call manager express), do I need to buy another license.

Hope to hear from you.

Chan Wai Kok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CallManager Express License for 7940

There is no license enforcement. Legally, you are bound to buy license for the router (feature license) and for the phones. I think, once you have bought a license for Callmanager express on a 7940, it can be used with any other callmanager express system. If the new router does not have a feature license for CME, you will still have to buy the CCME feature license (for the router and not for the phone)

HTH

Sankar.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

If you already purchase a voice bundle for the 2811 (CISCO2811-CCME/K9), then it should already have the 36 license.

I realiase that SW-CCME-UL-7940= is the license for the IP Phone which have nothing to do with the router. The problem is how to check whether the IP Phone have the license installed. I didn;t see any Call Manager express wording on the IP Phone when I check it. Currently, we have the router (plain 2811 with no PVDM-2,no call manager express license) and the IP phone.

Hope to hear from any of you.

There is no license enforcement. Legally, you are bound to buy license for the router (feature license) and for the phones. I think, once you have bought a license for Callmanager express on a 7940, it can be used with any other callmanager express system. If the new router does not have a feature license for CME, you will still have to buy the CCME feature license (for the router and not for the phone)

HTH

Sankar.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content