Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallManager failure, reason code 4, TimerThreadDied, what's it mean?

All the phones re-registered in the network. Below is all I have from the Event log, I don't, at this point, have the full event. The trace showed a reason code 4-TimerthreadDied. Does anyone know what that might mean? What else should I look for? The CM service restarted 10 seconds later, but, 4 minutes later, failed again for over a minute, same reason code.

Also, the D channel dropped for about 10 seconds 3 minutes later.

Error: CallManagerFailure - Indicates some failure in the Cisco CallManager system

Error: kDeviceMgrRegisterKeepAliveResponseError - Cisco CallManager not responding

Error: kDisconnectionToCCM - CMI disconnection with Cisco CallManager.

CallManager Name: The connection with Primary CCM is lost.

Error: CallManagerFailure - Indicates some failure in the Cisco CallManager system.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CallManager failure, reason code 4, TimerThreadDied, what's

TimerThreadDied, means that a timer thread (Process) death is detected by the call manager. These are messages for DE/TAC to troubleshoot. I do not think we can make anything out of it.

Re: CallManager failure, reason code 4, TimerThreadDied, what's

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue? We are experiencing a "similar" issue with the error code (TimerthreadDied) on a "clean" install (no configuration) with the CallManager service dieing every couple of minutes the CM is showing the following error code:

%CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-CallManagerFailure: Indicates some failure in the Cisco CallManager system. Host name of hosting node.:SERVER1 IP address of hosting node.:10.3.1.1 Reason code.:4 Additional Text [Optional]: App ID:Cisco CallManager Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:SERVER1

All we have configured are the services to be activated and then this occurs. Any clues?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content