Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Installation on Non Cisco Aproved Hardware

tyagivijay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am Installing Call manager 3.1 on Non Cisco Approved Hardware , So do I have to change some Registry Setting or what ???

Pleasde help , As this is Possible by installing some software or by Changing the Registery Setting of Windows 2000 Server .

Thanks

Vijay

6 Replies 6

1amoser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

This will not be possible, as CCM checks already with the first CD the compatibility! The platform must be Cisco or HP/Compaq DL320 or DL380. DL360 does not work as well!

Andy

It is most definitely possible.

We have run CallManager and CRS on all sorts of boxes, including laptops, for a number of years.

The next poster includes a link which indicates the registry settings you need to set up before putting the CallManager install disc in. If you do it correctly, it thinks the Spirian install of the Cisco IPT OS was performed. How else could it guess but look in the registry?

The link is out of date though. There are a couple of new registry entries you need to add for the more recent CallManagers.

If you have the registry file to install the new CCM 3.3 and 4.0 on non-Cisco approved platform, can you send me the file at pbarman@necbns.com

Thanks,

Partha

Instead of using the Model key as described in the link, add these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]

"Hardware"="Noatak"

"Flg"="dword:00000001"

Put the IPT OS key in as described in the link:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]

"Version" = "2000.2.3"

Add this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\capsvu]

"initial" = "jfmbby"

And these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Spirian]

"ProductKey"="BTOOVQESCCJUIEBI"

"Deployed"="0000000000000000"

Regards,

Geoff

I cannot get the URL. can you post it again.

Thanks,