cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager LDAP/DC Directory Schema

brentshertheman
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to look at the directory structure and object classes that DC directory uses. I cannot connect to the LDAP directory using an LDAP client because I don't know what the structure is. Anybody ever tried to query the directory. I'd also like to export the directory in LDIF format. Any tools out there?

Thanks,

Brent

6 Replies 6

dcrabbe
Level 1
Level 1

got some success with a product from softerra:

www.ldapbrowser.com

logged in with the username and info used by a softphone:

(default case)

cn=(user name from corporate directory), ou=Users, o=cisco.com

Hope this helps

Yep, I'm also using Softerra's LDAP Browser. I can connect to many other LDAP directories but still can't bind to DC directory and I've tried all sorts of parameters. Binding as cn=myUID,ou=Users,o=cisco.com binding as cn=Brent Sherman, ou=Users,o=cisco.com, anonymous binds, etc. Also tried many different baseDN's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent

Are you having a problem just with the binding, or the actual connection? Make sure you use port 8404.

Also, if you want to bind as an administrator, you can bind using the credentials "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com" and if you are running CallManager 3.1 or later, the Directory Manager password was specified at install/upgrade time.

dcrabbe
Level 1
Level 1

Just checking,

Did you connect to port 8404, rather than the standard port 389?

Yea, binding to port 8404 works! Is this sort of detail documented anywhere? I missed it somehow.

Thanks,

Brent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: