Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager (Local Admin Account)

I know that you can make the password different on each server if you do not use that account to access the admin interface for CCM. From what I can remember you cannot change the name either. If this is true will this be changed in the future?

Thanks in Advance!

Brian

2 REPLIES

Re: CallManager (Local Admin Account)

I have heard that when you update patches to the OS, software etc,it resets the account back to administrator, so its not advisable to change the administrator username. I would suggest you use MLA for the interface and keep the standard username and put a strong password policy for the administrator username. When using MLA, your superuser username will be CCMAdministrator.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Re: CallManager (Local Admin Account)

Yes, I know all about MLA. My concern is that some organizations require changing the local admin account from its original name, mainly MS themselves. Thus why would Cisco hinge creating applications that do not dynamically read the name of the local admin account no matter what it is, or create an account like the others?

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies