Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallManager - Multiple CM, no MWI on first CM

Good morning.<br><br>I am working with a customer that is attempting to set up two CCM Clusters connecting to one Unity system. Here is the current lab setup information (non-clustered environment):<br><br>1. CCM 3.02d & CCM 3.04a<br>2. Unity 2.4.0 build 105 (4-port)<br>3. AvCiscoTSP1.0.0.24<br> a. CCM 3.02d assigned within TSP as the first IP address, with the first two voice ports.<br> b. CCM 3.04a assigned within TSP as the second IP address, with the last two voice ports.<br>4. Both CCM are setup with two port hunt groups, per documentation.<br><br>Here is the issue:<br><br>CCM 3.02 calling CCM 3.04:<br><br>1. Call between systems, allowing call to proceed to Unity. Unity receives the call on Port 1.<br>2. Unity answers in the appropriate mailbox.<br>3. Unity lights the MWI on the phone, utilizing Port 4.<br><br>CCM 3.04 calling CCM 3.02<br><br>1. Call between systems, allowing call to proceed to Unity. Unity receives the call on Port 3.<br>2. Unity answers in the appropriate mailbox.<br>3. Unity fails to light the MWI on the phone, attemptting to utilize Port 4.<br><br>My question: Is this setup the appropriate way for these boxes to be setup, or is there a different way to allow both CallManagers to share one Unity box?<br><br>My thoughts: Unity sees all four ports as attached to one system and answers calls as they appear on the ports. However, when lighting MWI, it picks the ports in reverse hunt order (4 down to 1) and attempts to light lamps. Since it is picking Port 4, which is assigned to CCM 3.04, it is only sending MWI information to CCM 3.04, which does not have the extensions available to light on CCM 3.02.<br><br>Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I do have a telephone call in to support services, but was also attempting this avenue of approach.<br><br>Thank you in advance for your assistance.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>Michael J. Doherty<br>CTI Telecom, Inc.<br><br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CallManager - Multiple CM, no MWI on first CM

You are correct. All the MWI requests will go to one CallManager. MWI light's on the other CallManager will not be lit.

The configuration you are talking about is a dual-switch configuration with 2 CallManagers. With 2.4.5 we support a dual-switch configuration with a legacy switch and a CallManager. We currently don't support a dual-switch configuration with two ip switches.

You are welcome to request that feature from features@activevoice.com.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the information. Following some additional testing, we determined the same things. The feature request has already been posted, and I will be sending an additional request to Brent Early, our Regional Sales Manager, this afternoon.

Thank you, again, for your time.

Michael J. Doherty
MCSE, MCP, ACE
Senior Network Engineer
CTI Network Services, Inc. / CTI Telecom, Inc.

Anonymous
N/A

First problem, is that your not in a Cluster with 2 Call Managers, you need 3 minimum and it's configured differently. In either case (redundant or clustered), you still point all ports of Unity to the one (usually primary) server. As Aaron stated, Unity does not support clustering (honing into multiple Call Managers), although will support failover in redundancy with 2 CM boxes.

Other issue is that you should be running the same version (recommended at this time 3b with Unity 2.4)

Good luck
John.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content