Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager + Paging

Hi everyone,

Does CallManager support Paging.. We are looking at replacing the PA systems in some of our schools, what better way to do this by integrating them into CallManager. I have found that CCME support paging.

If CCM doesn't support paging, can anyone recommend a 3rd party application.

Thanks.

-- Dominique

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
12 REPLIES

Re: CallManager + Paging

CCM does not natively support paging. You can use an application such as Berbee's InformaCast to page directly to phones. InformaCast also has education specific features like bell scheduling. You can also interface with an external paging system such as Valcom, etc through an analog port.

Berbee

www.berbee.com

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I somehow didn't see the previous response...

Sorry,

--Joe

I have integrated our CCM with a number of different Bogen paging systems by using FXO ports from our gateway. I am sure there are ways to integrate with your existing PA system without having to buy a new solution. I would post what model/vendor your current PA system is.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Take a look at www.ipcelerate.com they have an appliance that besides paging it has a lot of other features, ie intercom, time-card, buddy list, call block, etc. Check out this doc:

http://www.ipcelerate.com/ipcweb.nsf/fdcbe20e7cc0c2b286257066007662a1/b7699e40d8facbf186256fb500115065/$FILE/IPsessionOverview.pdf

Also, if you would like to see more 3rd party vendors providing custom applications check out http://www.hotdispatch.com/cisco-ip-telephony

Rate all helpful posts!

Chris

I have been trying to get our Rauland paging system connected with an FXO in our 2851 router also running CM 3.3(5)SR2a. I don't seem to be getting this right, and suggestions would be appreciated.

I've interfaced to Paging sytems with an FXS card and Bogan. But you have to make sure it is wired correctly to work.

Did you get this to work with your Rauland, I am having the same issue with a Rauland telecenter 4 and cant seem to get the paging to work, I have tried FXO, valcom and I know the valcom is working as I use a analog phone at the end and hear the page, but when connected into the Rauland I get nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Valcom solution installed at 27 of our Warhouse. I use an ATA. I then use a translation patter from the four digit extention number to the digit "8". I put it in a CSS that way no center can page another accidently. I have a V9970 to the FXS/ATA port. A V2003 to allow 3 different zones to be paged and an all-call. I use for our application a V-9964 feed back eleimanator that way we dont hear the squell and noise from sitting under or near a speaker and trying to page.

Hope this helps...

Hi. I am trying to integrate with a Valcom right now and am having problems.

With FXO from a 3845, tried to send different digits, but the port seems to go off hook, then immediately on hook. We also have the feed back eliminator. Does it need an external power supply? Do I need to try the FXS ports? We have a VG224, but no ATAs.

any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.