cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Publisher IP Address Change

eddystacey
Level 1
Level 1

We have Callmanager 4.0(2a) deployed. We currently have 1 x Publisher and 3 x Subscribers(2 dedicated and Publisher also acts as Subscriber) in one centralised call processing cluster. I need to move the Callmanager Publisher to a new segment with a different network address space in a new building.

Cisco publish a PDF (document 12122)that documents changing the IP Address for Cisco Callmanager. Has anyone done this with a Publisher? If so, how succesful was it and were there any 'gotchas'?

Many thanks,

Ed

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ed

I've done this quite a few times now - basically I like to do it in a different order than that specified in the document...

Normally I'd change the IP in CCMAdmin, then change the server IP, then restart... Usually the system comes up first reboot quite happily.

Things to watch out for (someone else may extend this list):

1) IPCC - if you have IPCC, shout - it can be difficult to get all the IPs changed in that app... If you do run into trouble, I found that adding a secondary IP to the server (advanced TCP/IP properties) of the old address (whether it's routable or not) allows the services to all start so you can change things you've missed...

2) LMHOSTS/HOSTS files - if you've set IPs there, change them...

3) URLs - if you are using IPs in your services/help/etc. URLs then change those.. if not make sure your DNS updates properly (or do it manually).

4) Any JTAPI/TSP apps, etc. will probably need IP changes if you're not relying on DNS...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Many thanks - it is reassuring to know that you have succesfully done this many times. Sometimes theoretical PDFs look a good bet but practically are not.

Thanks again.

Ed

No problem...

please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello,

one quick hint...

When you're done with the change, go for each of the services configured in your cluster to see if the ip address has been correctly changed. I did a change like this some months ago, and the RIS and MoH ip addresses of those services weren't changed correctly and they were pointing to the old one...

Good luck,

Ruben

Aaron,

I just wanted to double-check that you have done this with a Publisher moving from one segment to a diffrenet segment?

Many thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed

Yes - I've done this before... from the server's point of view it doesn't really matter what the IP is changing from/to as long as all the references to the IP are changed appropriately.

Regards

Aaron

please rate helpful posts...