Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager rounting when wan failure

a.shaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if there is any possibilities exists to route calls via PSTN when there is an Wan failure.

AAR could not be used.

I have a Centralized Design with CallManagers and one gateway (PSTN) on central site, and Ip phones and another voice Gateway on other site.

AAR is also implemented to limit and fallback via PSTN when bandwidth is not availlable.

But how Central site will detect Wan failure and than Route Calls via PSTN

3 Replies 3

rlaplante
Level 1
Level 1

We use SRST configured in our remote offices. Works great to route 4-digit from remote to corporate. I need to find a way to route corporate to remote via PSTN if the WAN is down.

Hi,

I find out a solution (It's not really great, but it works). I configured Forward no Answer of the Remote Ip phone line with his PSTN number

Ex: if your corporate number is 2126 and it's PSTN Number is 04305252126.Please put Forward No Answer to 04305252126.

When Wan is down the remote phone is unregistred from Corporate CallManager. So Forward No Answer will work in this case. I know there is some side effects of this configuration. If the remote phone will no answer, call will be routed also via PSTN.

hi,

with cm 4.2 this is configurable feature. this is "forward on no registered" it will take affect only if the phone is unregistered.

greetings

mehmet